Tuesday, February 28, 2012

When do I do laundry?

Honestly, since we listed our house last week, we have had a whirlwind of showings. Thursday through Saturday were the worst. I felt like we were banned from our house more than we were there, and when we were there, I felt like my poor kids couldn't pull one toy out of the bin without getting a "You have to put that back as soon as you're done" lecture. It's exhausting--physically and emotionally. And then, when can I do laundry or actually cook for my family?

Part of me is torn too. I really want the people who live in our house to love it the way I have. I want people to walk in and fall in love. The way I walked in the model home twelve years ago and just knew this was my house. I'm not sure if it was a premonition for all the years of growing and love that would happen in this house for my family, but I think it probably was.

I'd love to get an offer right away. But then again, part of me doesn't want to be kicked out of my house so quickly. After all, I will be driving my kids to their current schools until the end of the year anyway. Then I could take a load of stuff and unpack it each day after our closing, which is March 7 (about a week away). It's so close it stresses me out and excites me all at the same time. I'm trying to stop now and then, take a deep breath (between all the straightening and cleaning) and accept that what will be, will be. No use losing sleep.

Here's my beloved home on the market:

http://www.utahhomes.com/property/details/222971/MLS-1077395/13834-S-Crimson-Glory-Ct-W-Herriman-UT-84096.aspx

Be sure to tell your friends, if you know anyone in the market.

1 comment:

Cami said...

The in-between time is so difficult, but I loved having the new home and slowly moving into it.