Monday, February 23, 2009

Creating a memory

I have this memory when I was a child of sitting and watching a professional ballet. I'm not certain, but I think it may have been the Nutcracker. I don't remember why this memory seems so vivid to me. But I remember sitting on the left side and watching the stage all aglow. I don't remember much--just that I loved being there and I felt special that I was there.

It's this slice of a memory that enticed me to take Bianca to the ballet on Saturday. We saw Ballet West's production of Madame Butterfly. And I wanted to do this thing right. We got all dressed up (I even straightened Bianca's hair), went to the ballet, and had dinner afterward. My friend Christie and her daughter Hailey came too. The girls were great (and excited). And I only hope that someday Bianca will remember back on her childhood and think about how we did some really cool things together. Even if it's just a little slice of sitting in a chair in an important place and feeling special.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Christie Gardiner said...

It was a wonderful time! Thanks again for planning it. I think Bianca (and Hailey) will remember all the fun things they get to do. Maybe not in vivid specifics and maybe not every time, but they'll remember enough.

rachel said...

Wow, you knockout, you! That dress is incredible and you look gorgeous :) Bianca looks adorable and I bet she will ALWAYS remember this. I've heard great things about Madame Butterfly...

Crystal said...

You looked beautiful Jeana. I'm sure Bianca will remember it. I wish I could've come too. I love ballet. It was a great idea to go.

Duston said...

The two of you look great - what a wonderful experience the two of you will have forever! These are the precious moments that life is made of!