Sunday, August 26, 2012

Mouse Trap Concerto

Portia's favorite new piece to practice on the cello--the mouse trap Concerto. It's the sound of a mouse squealing and the thump of the mouse trap shutting on said mouse. She actually wants to practice beyond regular practice time on this little gem!


As a side note, this is Portia's "temporary" room down in the basement, which is our home until work officially is complete. I'm trying to stay positive about it. It could still be weeks. On our way home from St. Louis, caravaning with my mom and Susannah, we made a detour through Winter's Quarters, Nebraska. We let the kids stretch their legs and walked around the visitor's center. I went inside the little makeshift huts the pioneers were so grateful to have--the size of like one of the bedrooms we each have down in the basement--and I try to think of them when I start to feel upset about my current living conditions. Then it feels like plenty of room.

I didn't take a picture of the little Winter's Quarters home, but here are the cousins at the visitor's center pretending to push a handcart all dressed up as pioneers.

L to R: Aidan, Anna, Ella, Portia, Ethan and Bianca

1 comment:

Cami said...

Oh glorious perspective...