Saturday, April 17, 2010

We're staying after all

On Thursday, our realtor called and said they are officially giving the house to the back-up offer people (who offered quite a bit more). I'm washing my hands of the whole thing. Still, I'm a little sad. But I'm trying to remember all the reasons I didn't want to move and dwell on those.

I thought a good way to get over my sadness would be to give my house a couple little boosts. So I went to Anthropologie and bought some new curtains for my family room. I'm having a couple people come bid on my library upstairs--bookshelves, fireplace (hopefully), additional A/C. I'm getting bids on a fence. I even pulled up some of the shelving the builders left in my house ten years ago and I went to Home Depot and got some shelf supports and added four rows of shelving in our coat closet for shoes (one row for each of us). And Eric says I never do things around the house.

Photobucket

I also bought a bunch of rock and am filling in the window wells around the house. I'm so sick of weeds growing out of them. I don't know how long this will last, but I'm excited about all the new things to be done to my house. And since we don't need the money for a down payment, I've got a little to spend.

4 comments:

Cami said...

Great way to turn lemons into lemonade.
I loved my virtual walk-through of your current house. It really was so cute!

Duston said...

You have the right attitude about the situation! I love the ideas and what you have done! I am also sure everyone in Herriman is quite relieved to keep your wonder family!

rachel said...

I love your house. It is so YOU. And a redo of the library?

Fabulous.

Crystal said...

I can imagine very mixed emotions going on. But I love your house and all the changes you are describing. I love projects so just hearing about other's projects gets me excited too! I'm sure it will all look wonderful.