Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I love a good deal...

I found these awesome solid wood, heavily carved Corinthian columns on ksl.com (it's just like Craigslist). They came out of an old house, I'm pretty sure. They're old and split in some places, a couple chunks are missing, but I LOVE them! I was only going to buy two of them but the woman said she'd give me a deal if I bought all four. But let's face it, it was already a good deal. So two are already in the arch in the master bedroom and two are going in the entry to my library. I'm starting to feel like things are finally coming together with my house. I cannot wait to sleep in this room!

Sometimes pictures skew color a little. You can see the "smoky blue" paint I chose for our master bedroom. We went dark. I love sleeping in dark places and am hoping the darker paint on the walls might help. Maybe it's wishful thinking...


It feels so close, yet still so far away. Will this one day be mine?

3 comments:

Cami said...

Gorgeous columns, Jeana!
What a great way to add character to your home.
Seems like everything is coming together. Yay!

thefirewoman said...

The blue is sooooo you!!!

Stephanie said...

You seriously need to help people (me) design there homes :)