Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Trick-or-Treat, smell my feet!

Halloween fell on a Monday this year. Not exactly ideal. All the parties had been the week before, so that just left Halloween. After school, we did trick-or-treating at Eric's work. I swear, that's the easiest candy you can get. You don't even have to knock on doors. People are hanging out at their cubicles with their bowls of candy. I think we get more candy in that 20 minutes than we do traditional trick-or-treating for two hours. Bianca had quite a few requests to play (as she was Mozart) and they always gave her extra candy for playing. Her favorite was playing the tune for "trick-or-treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat."

The traffic was horrible on the way home. Eric picked up a Pumpkin-shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's for dinner. Bianca went trick-or-treating with a friend from class Aleksa, who lives in Herriman. Our cute neighbor friend, Cassidy, came over and went trick-or-treating with Portia and me. I don't know how it happened by I ended up with more pictures of Cassidy than Bianca.

Portia has been wearing her koala costume for over a month now. It's all stained with food and it's matted from overuse because she wears it every day. She took her "character" very seriously and spent half the night going from door to door on all fours. The weather was gorgeous and Portia was able to stay out trick-or-treating until 8:30.

When Bianca returned, she categorized candy and traded with Portia, just as I did when I was a kid. Some things never change.


No comments: