Saturday, May 30, 2015

Italy Day Three—Rome

The noises of Rome kept me up again last night. Eric and Mom got up early and went to St. Peter's Basilica this morning, but I slept in and stayed with the girls. We got on the train to go to church since it was Sunday. They had little earpieces for each of us to wear and a missionary in the back translated the sacrament meeting for us. It actually was a nice, big ward.

After church, we headed over to the Colosseum. We were all hot and starving. We stopped in at a little restaurant called "Taverno Dei Contrari." It was nice to get out of the sun and take our time eating. I ordered the gnocchi in a meat sauce; it was really good. In fact, I loved having that whole little restaurant to ourselves.


We spent the rest of our day at the Roman Forum, the old ancient city of Rome.







I'm not sure why, but I started feeling a little sick (perhaps it was the heat) so I stayed back with Portia and we rested under a tree while Eric, Mom and Bianca kept on. Here was Portia playing in the flowers and coloring while I rested.


Eric, Mom and Bianca met up with a woman, a historian, who told them all about the old city so when we met up finally, it was pretty late. So late that the colesseum was closed and we couldn't go inside. That's fine because we still got a couple pictures in front of it.



Tonight, when I couldn't sleep because of all the noise, Eric and I slipped out and walked to the Vatican late. It was really cool to see it in the dark in a much quieter way than it is during the day with the crowds and all the people and lines.



Doors of the Day:






No comments: