Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Netherlands Day One, Noordwijk

Because Eric wasn't feeling well, we decided to stay around Noordwijk and take it easy today. We slept in, ate breakfast at HEMA (it's IKEA but with clothes and lots more than just house stuff) and did a bit of shopping. I bought this cute tye-dye crochet top, Bianca got a new sweater and Portia got a koala Littlest Pet Shop. Then we bought beach towels and hung out at the beach all day.

Portia playing in the waves

One of the many jellyfish on shore at the beach in Noordwijk

I wanted to sleep but Portia was up and down, in and out of the water so I had to keep on eye on her. We ate at a restaurant on the beach for lunch, called "Blu Beach." It wasn't my favorite (I think I just had a salad) but the view was nice.

Blu Beach in Noordwijk

We also went for gelato afterwards, then Eric and Bianca went grocery shopping and Portia and I headed back to the beach (she just couldn't get enough). We all got plenty of sun, though, because we have a sun burns. But this definitely beats all the rain we had in Ireland and France.

We had a small dinner at a cafe in town.


A nice, relaxing beach day...

Here are a couple pics I took of the girls on the bench in front of the house where we're staying.

Our cute beach house only 100 meters from the sand

The living room of our cute beach house


Regretfully, I did not take pictures of any doors today . . . so I've decided to whet your appetite with a door from tomorrow's adventure. Can you guess our next stop?


No comments: